Monday, July 14, 2008

Chicago-The Whirlwind Tour

In June, Eric and I, along with our friends Karl and Beth Bristol, went to Chicago to visit our friends Meghan and Trevor Rasmussen. Meghan and Trevor took us on a whirlwind tour of Chicago. Here are some of the highlights:

Eric and Beth standing in front of Meghan and Trevor's house. We left mid morning to head to our first destination which was Lincoln Park Zoo.



After the zoo, Meghan and Trevor dropped Eric, Karl, Beth, and I across the street from the Navy Pier so that they could find a parking spot near our final destination. While we waited for Meghan and Trevor to catch up with us, we walked along the Pier taking in the experience.



Once Meghan and Trevor caught up to us, we went on an hour-long boat tour on the Chicago River learning about the history and architecture of the buildings that were built along the river front. It was very interesting.



After the boat tour, we caught a cab where we experienced the craziest ride of our lives. I felt like I was on the knight bus for wizards (from Harry Potter). The driver zoomed in and out of traffic like he was in a virtual car game. He used his horn as an extension of his voice. All that we could do was pray and laugh. For dinner, we went to the House of Blues. While we ate dinner, we listened to live music. Great atmosphere, great company, and great food!

After dinner, we walked across the river again to the Oriental Theatre, our final destination, to see Wicked. It was excellent! It gave Eric goose bumps several times. Sheldon and Sheldon give this musical two thumbs up! We left the theatre around midnight and got back to Meghan and Trevor's place around 1 a.m. where we all pretty much crashed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great recap of a SWEET weekend!! So many memories...there isn't even a way to give anyone an accurate feeling for that taxi ride. I have NEVER seen anything like that and I've been on my share of taxi's over the years. I felt like it was our very Crazy Taxi game!!

Meghan Rasmussen said...

I COMPLETELY forgot about the cab ride until now. Now that I think about it, that was perhaps #2 on my list of favorite activities of the day! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time and have not since.

Jennifer Mulvihill said...

The pictures look great now! I think the yellow background helps. It was great hanging out with you guys last night!