Monday, October 13, 2008

Club 31

This fall, I decided to step out of my confort zone and joined a book club. Yes, you heard me right, I said a book club. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a huge reader and here I am in a book club. The purpose of this club is to encourage the modern-day Proverbs 31 woman to live the life of a godly woman. We meet together once a month to fellowship, pray, and discuss with other women. Each month, I am going to try to write up a little ditty on the feature book for that month. If you are a glass-is-half-full kind of gal, this book is for you. The first book we read was called "Cold Tangerines" by Shauna Niequist. When I first heard of this book, I thought it was a very interesting and ambiguous title. I didn't have any expectations either way. When I opened the book and began to read, I discovered story after story the millions of ways God tries to break through our everyday lives and show us glimpses of His hope, peace, and grace. Shauna revealed her truest self to her readers. As a reader, I was able to relate to her imperfections, her struggles with life and God, and her joys and sadness. What I took away from this book is that I always need to be celebrating life and living it to the fullest and finding joy (in God) in the midst of imperfection, struggles, and sadness.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you...so by my count that means you, Andi, and Beth are in the club now. Fun time!