Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cookie Exchange 2008


It's that time of year again when I take part in the annual Mulvilhill Cookie Exchange. This is a tradition that I have looked forward to every year for the last five years. It's a wonderful time to fellowship with women from all stages of life. It's great to share in one another's lives and the traditions that we like to instill in our families. Similar to the previous years, we talked about the cookies that we brought with us and why we made them. This year I would like to share with you the cookies that I brought. For two weeks prior to the exchange I had been keeping my eyes and ears open for a cookie that would be the "perfect" cookie to bring to such an event. I finally decided on a new low-calorie cookie that I had never made before. I know what you are thinking, but I am all about finding and trying new low-calorie items. And this cookie was the one. So the Wednesday before the cookie exchange, I stayed up to make four dozen cookies. When all was said and done, I ended up making over 100 cookies. This should have tipped me off that something was not right about my cookies, but I just thought there would be more low-calorie cookies for me. The day of the cookie exchange, I tried one of the low-calorie treats anticipating a mouthful of yummy goodness; but instead, I ended up chewing on a mouthful of rubber. In my mind, I thought they were not too bad for only 25 calories a cookie. As the day went on, I started to get concerned about what others might think about my low-calorie cookie. What if others get upset because they brought these beautiful, delicious cookies and in exchange they get a pile of low-calorie rubber from me in exchange. Once I couldn't take the anxiety of it all anymore, I ran to Walmart after work; and with one hour to spare before the cookie exchange, I decided to make the thin mint cookie that I made the week prior with Beth. I was really impressed with my timeliness because I made four dozen thin mints and was only 15 minutes late. I also brought my low-calorie cookies along just in case anyone wanted to try a rubbery snack.

0 comments: