Monday, December 22, 2008

Fantasy Football Update

For all those who have been watching our blog for new posts, I have an update on how fantasy football has been going for the Sheldons of Rochester. Eric participated in three leagues this year. One league that he is in is with friends from church where he came in last place and won the Toilet Bowl Trophy (a toilet seat with his name engraved on it). Another league that he is in is with his two older brothers and friends from his oldest brother Brad's church in Fort Dodge, Iowa. In this league, he found himself in the middle of the pack for most of the season but now finds himself in the playoffs. The third league that he is in is our family league where Eric just missed out on the playoffs.

Now for me. Being that this is my first time trying out fantasy football, I thought that it would be a good idea to participate in two leagues at once. I participated in our family league where I was playing for bragging rights within the family. I am now facing off with my mother-in-law for first place in this league. The other league that I am in is called Fantasy Wives. This league is pretty much made up of wives that have husbands that are in other fantasy football leagues. In this league, I found myself fighting for a position near the bottom of the league throughout the first part of the season. As the season progressed, I began winning some key games and found myself competing in the championship game. Though I lost the in the championship game (congratulations to Beth Bristol), I ended up taking second place and won some money back. Yay me! Beginner's luck? We'll find out next year.

0 comments: